CO-CREATING A MORE DIVERSE, EQUITABLE, AND INCLUSIVE WORLD WITH APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY
Learn how to apply Appreciative Inquiry (AI) to create the social change of our time. Come prepared to collaboratively inquire into what’s working and what’s possible to create the change we want to see in our workplaces, communities, and family systems.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE?
This course is designed to support you in taking ICDEI actions with AI principles, process and tools. Bring an ICDEI project (big or small, personal or professional) that will ensure your learning through immediate application. Learn to identify the individual and collective strengths within your initiative, develop generative questions to engage in listening and storytelling for positive possibilities, and ensure you have an action plan to co-create a more interculturally competent, diverse, equitable and inclusive destiny.
This course is not a diversity, equity and inclusion training, an unconscious bias assessment, nor an anti-racist webinar. Resources for these topics will be made available, some which will form part of the pre-work, and are better suited for deep dives (longer than the duration of this course permits).
As a result of participating in this 4-webinar series you will be able to:
- Actively contribute to a more intercultural competent, diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- Learn bespoke ICDEI Appreciative Inquiry practice and tools.
- Work on your own ICDEI project at work, home or in your community using AI.
- Establish a learning and accountability process and community for your AI ICDEI work.
- Create an Action Plan to make your DEI project’s destiny inevitable.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- AI Practitioners and Students
- Collaborative group leaders
- DEI practitioners interested in AI
- Anyone seeking to strengthen their Appreciative Inquiry practices and tools to increase their diversity, equity and inclusion work at work, home, or in their communities.
VIRTUAL SERIES OVERVIEW
This Appreciative Inquiry foundations course is completely asynchronous and includes experiential learning, as well as auditory and visual materials to enhance the learning experience.
WEBINAR #1: CREATING A SAFE CONTAINER AND BUILDING A COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE – RENEW
Discuss and identify various diversity markers and explore the term intersectionality, with an additional AI lens.
WEBINAR #2: PROJECT-BASED WORK – RELATE
Review and integrate AI principles, tools, and/or process into each person’s identified personal or professional ICDEI project.
WEBINAR #3: EMBODIED LEARNING – CO-CREATE
Review and explore how the projects, following asynchronous project building, can go further with deeper reflection and breakthroughs on limiting beliefs.
WEBINAR #4: AI TOOLKIT AND THE RELATIONAL POWER OF DEI ACTION PLANS – RESOLVE
Harvest the projects review and exploration.
There are no workshop pre-requisites.
For upcoming training dates and to register for this program, visit our calendar.
This event is offered in collaboration with Spaciousness.