Learn the principles of Appreciative Inquiry and the skills to facilitate positive change in your company, organization, school, or community.
VIRTUAL AIFT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (AIFT) © is a two-week, blended, online certification program.
Learn the basics of Appreciative Inquiry (principles, the 5-Ds, supporting theory and research, and more) and participate in exercises to define the topic of inquiry, practice positive framing, work with core teams, design and field test an interview protocol, and more.
To enhance the learning experience, this foundational training course includes mini-lectures and experiential learning (for individuals, pairs, trios, small group, and large group) as well as auditory and visual materials.
TRAINING IS DESIGNED FOR
Leaders in businesses and corporations, community development, educational organizations, governmental organizations, and nonprofit organizations–in short, for everyone who wants to learn how to facilitate Appreciative Inquiry.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND HOURS
Portions of the vAIFT course will be delivered synchronously (in real-time through services like Zoom) and asynchronously (you read and participate in activities and exercises at a time/pace/place that works best for you to be ready for the synchronous session) for a total of 26 training hours (same as our face-to-face AIFT program). Participants will need to complete the program in its entirety to be eligible to earn their AI Facilitator Certification, this includes participating in all synchronous sessions.
The synchronous portions of the vAIFT are highly experiential and will not be recorded. The vAIFT Trainers will be utilizing breakout rooms to develop community and trust amongst participants, conduct paired interviews, and engage in small group discussions and reflections.
To ensure that all participants are off to a strong start, your vAIFTtrainers will host a live orientation session via Zoom on Tuesday, November 30th at 9:00am Pacific Time. Orientation allows you to connect with your trainers, engage with participants, become familiar with LearnDash (our online learning platform), and ask questions about pre-workshop reading and activities prior to your first vAIFT session in Zoom on December 6, 2021.
vAIFT TRAINING DATES/TIMES
The virtual AIFT program is an intensive program spanning over the course of 2-weeks.
The SYNCHRONOUS portion offers ‘real time’ learning with your vAIFT trainers and interaction and collaboration with cohorts.
*Please note: the times listed above are Pacific Standard Time (PST) We will start our synchronous sessions on time and work diligently to maintain the vAIFT schedule, honoring our commitment to the learning experience. We have found full participation to be the most productive for the participants and the trainers.
The ASYNCHRONOUS portion of your training begins:
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021 with introductory activities and runs throughout the 2 weeks of synchronous learning. You will receive login information to the Center for Appreciative Inquiry’s (CAI) online learning platform closer to the vAIFT start date.
vAIFT TRAINING SEGMENTS
The vAIFT is divided into 4 ‘segments’. Each segment consists of modules containing exercises, readings, and discussions.
We delve deeply into eight (8) modules within the four training segments. They are designed to guide you through the full range and depth of what it means to be an Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Build community with your vAIFT cohorts and trainers;
- Define Appreciative Inquiry and arrive at a common understanding of what AI is and how it is applied;
- Participate in a facilitated AI session led by the AIFT Trainers.
- Identify and integrating key theory components of AI;
- Learn the principles and 5D process of Appreciative Inquiry;
- Understand theories of human and organizational behavior;
- Learn paradigm shifts and the ‘both/and’ mind frame.
- Learn various processes to identify the affirmative topic;
- Understand the role of Core Teams in the AI process;
- Construct and field test an Interview Guide;
- Assess & integrate key AI facilitation considerations.
- Practice exercises to take home to use AI at work or at home;
- Identify the best language and method for facilitating AI sessions within a particular culture;
- Develop your plan to earn your AI Facilitator Certification.
LETTER OF COMPLETION
To obtain a letter of completion (and to be eligible for consideration for AI Facilitator Certification) each participant must complete 26 training hours. Letters of completion include your name, date of your training, and number of classroom hours earned.
APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY FACILITATOR CERTIFICATION
Each of our certification courses require a written practicum (‘narrative’) of your work. This demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of the principles of Appreciative Inquiry, its various applications, what you learned, etc. Participants will submit their practicum for review by our Committee of 2-4 seasoned AI practitioners. The review is a dialogical and interactive process. Committee members engage participants in a conversation (conducted virtually) about their practicum, asking questions to deepen their and the participant’s mutual understanding of, and learning about, AI.
Participants have up to one year from the date of their training to submit their practicum for review and will have access to the learning management system for this purpose. During this time, your trainers make themselves available to you for mentoring and support (at no additional cost) as you work through your first inquiry. Your mentoring/support can be done via telephone, skype, zoom, etc. You and your trainers can arrange a time and platform in which to conduct these sessions. Learn more about our practicum guidelines and format here.
Once certified, your Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Certification lasts for 2 years with the Center for Appreciative Inquiry and includes:
- Appreciative Inquiry Certification document that will be emailed to you for your records;
- Center for Appreciative Inquiry Certification logo to embed on your website or include in your email signature;
- Listing on our Appreciative Inquiry Directory. Your AI Directory listing is an editable profile page that includes your photo and professional biography that highlights your specialties, articles, videos and testimonials. All Directory profiles will remain visible on our website for the duration of your certification. You can learn more about the benefits of our AI Directory here.
THE VIRTUAL APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY FACILITATOR TRAINING (VAIFT) IS SPONSORED BY:
Group pricing is available for three (3) or more people and scholarships may be available for individuals. For more information, please email Kathy Becker at Kathy@CenterForAppreciativeInquiry.net.
An interest free payment plan is available. Opt-in at checkout to pay in 4 equal payments with a down payment due upon registration. This plan is available through the Partial.ly payment plan software and agreement.