Scheduled Virtual Sessions:
Module 1: Learn to SOAR – Wednesday, July 22, 2020 @ 9:00-10:00am PT
Module 2: The AI 5-D Cycle – Wednesday, July 29, 2020 @ 9:00-10:00am PT
Module 3: Strategic Area for Application – Wednesday, August 5, 2020 @ 9:00-10:00am PT
Module 4: Peer Coaching for Project Development – Wednesday, August 12, 2020 @ 9:00-10:00am PT
Please note: ALL virtual sessions will be recorded and saved for participants who are unable to attend a scheduled webinar. Links to the recordings will be provided so that participants can view/listen to the recording at a time that works best for them.
Strategic Conversation Bootcamp Overview:
A lack of strategic thinking and planning in organizations is costly. The greatest expense is the investment of time and resources into activities that do not support company goals or the mission. In addition, employees show up, do their work, and go home. This results in missed opportunities. Without a context for their work, employees are not inspired to think or plan creatively about process improvement, innovation, or cost savings. And anyone who has tried knows, it can be a struggle to get teams to buy-in to strategic goals, much less think and work in alignment with those goals.
Developing your leadership ability for strategic thinking and planning, coupled with the skills to engage in strategic conversations significantly improves your value as a leader. The days of hiring an outside agency to create a strategic plan for your organization are over; so too should be strategic plans developed at the top and handed down for others to implement. Organizations poised for growth and success have leaders who are adopting strategic thinking as an on-going way of doing business and strategic planning that engages employees across the whole organization as well as external stakeholders. They engage everyone in developing agile plans, cycles of experimentation and learning, innovation, and measuring actions against relevant metrics.
This training will prepare you to engage your teams in strategic conversations that can:
• Increase productivity, engagements, and organizational effectiveness;
• Reduce costs, misalignment, and conflicts;
• Improve customer service levels;
• Innovate in the face of challenges; and
• Make a positive contribution to the bottom line.
Using two very powerful methodologies (SOAR and the Appreciative Inquiry 5-D Cycle), you will have the tools to engage teams from a whole system perspective in conversations to:
• Address short- and long-term challenges, systems, and innovation;
• Explore strengths, dynamic capabilities, and opportunities;
• Develop or re-evaluate organization’s values, vision, and mission statements;
• Set goals, objectives, strategies, and action plans;
• Clarify roles, relationships, and expectations; and
• Track progress through regular cycles of action learning.
This bootcamp will support your capacity and develop capabilities to have strategic conversations at the level of the individual, team, division, and the whole organization or community.
Please note: You must complete Conversations Worth Having Bootcamp before enrolling in the Strategic Conversations Bootcamp.
MODULE 1: LEARN TO SOAR
PURPOSE: Appreciate the value of strategic thinking and use SOAR to foster strategic conversations.
• Identify common opportunities to foster strategic conversations.
• Understand how to apply SOAR to support those conversations.
• Craft SOAR-based questions to inspire effective strategic conversations.
MODULE 2: THE AI 5-D CYCLE
PURPOSE: Entertain strategic conversations at scale, e.g., strategic planning or whole system change, using the 5-D Cycle.
• Learn how you engage whole systems in strategic conversations.
• Understand how the two AI practices – positive framing and generative questions – apply to the 5-D Cycle.
• Identify opportunities to facilitate whole system conversations.
MODULE 3: STRATEGIC AREA FOR APPLICATION
PURPOSE: Build capacity for practical application of SOAR and the 5-D Cycle.
• Recognize and frame opportunities for strategic conversations at multiple levels of the organization.
• Generate questions and create an inquiry.
• Initiate a plan-of-action to use SOAR, Quick SOAR, or the 5-D Cycle to host a strategic conversation or strategic planning event.
MODULE 4: PEER COACHING FOR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
PURPOSE: Give and receive feedforward on strategic conversation projects.
• Share your prototype for your strategic conversation and receive feedforward.
• Provide feedforward to improve conversation topics and questions.
• Learn and improve overall strategic conversational capacity.
Conversations Worth Having (CWH) Bootcamps are Co-Sponsored by: