October 11, 2022
6am-8:30am PDT / 9am-11:30am EDT
October 13, 2022
6am-8:30am PDT / 9am-11:30am EDT
Please note: ALL virtual sessions will be recorded and saved for participants who are unable to attend a scheduled webinar. Links to the recordings will be provided so that participants can view/listen to the recording at a time that works best for them.
Strategic Conversations Bootcamp Overview:
A lack of strategic thinking and planning in organizations is costly. The greatest expense is the investment of time and resources into activities that do not support company goals or the mission. In addition, employees show up, do their work, and go home. This results in missed opportunities. Without a context for their work, employees are not inspired to think or plan creatively about process improvement, innovation, or cost savings. And anyone who has tried knows, it can be a struggle to get teams to buy-in to strategic goals, much less think and work in alignment with those goals.
Developing your leadership ability for strategic thinking and planning, coupled with the skills to engage in strategic conversations significantly improves your value as a leader. The days of hiring an outside agency to create a strategic plan for your organization are over; so too should be strategic plans developed at the top and handed down for others to implement. Organizations poised for growth and success have leaders who are adopting strategic thinking as an on-going way of doing business and strategic planning that engages employees across the whole organization as well as external stakeholders. They engage everyone in developing agile plans, cycles of experimentation and learning, innovation, and measuring actions against relevant metrics.
This training will prepare you to engage your teams in strategic conversations that can:
• Increase productivity, engagements, and organizational effectiveness;
• Reduce costs, misalignment, and conflicts;
• Improve customer service levels;
• Innovate in the face of challenges; and
• Make a positive contribution to the bottom line.
Using two very powerful methodologies (SOAR and the Appreciative Inquiry 5-D Cycle), you will have the tools to engage teams from a whole system perspective in conversations to:
• Address short- and long-term challenges, systems, and innovation;
• Explore strengths, dynamic capabilities, and opportunities;
• Develop or re-evaluate organization’s values, vision, and mission statements;
• Set goals, objectives, strategies, and action plans;
• Clarify roles, relationships, and expectations; and
• Track progress through regular cycles of action learning.
This bootcamp will support your capacity and develop capabilities to have strategic conversations at the level of the individual, team, division, and the whole organization or community.
MODULE 1: VALUING STRATEGIC THINKING
PURPOSE: Appreciate the value of strategic thinking and adopt an appreciative framework for strategic conversations.
- Understand the importance of strategic conversations and the role generative questions and positive framing play.
- Adopt an AI framework for strategic thinking.
- Recognize the 3 key factors of strategic conversations and the basic principles for leading them.
- Practice framing and asking generative questions for simple strategic conversations.
MODULE 2: FOSTERING SOAR CONVERSATIONS
PURPOSE: Learn how to use SOAR to frame strategic conversations.
- Understand the SOAR Framework for strategic thinking.
- Experience SOAR as a positive approach for strategic conversations.
- Practice positive framing and generative questions using SOAR at various levels in the organization.
MODULE 3: THE AI 5-D CYCLE
PURPOSE: Entertain strategic conversations at scale, e.g., strategic planning or whole system change, using the AI 5-D Cycle.
- Learn how you engage whole systems in strategic conversations.
- Use the two AI practices – positive framing and generative questions – to frame a topic and craft an inquiry.
- Identify opportunities to facilitate whole system conversations.
MODULE 4: STRATEGIC AREA FOR APPLICATION
PURPOSE: Build capacity for practical application of SOAR and the AI 5-D Cycle.
- Deepen your capacity to foster strategic conversations.
- Design and share a prototype for a strategic conversation.
- Practice giving and receiving feedforward.
Method of Delivery:
These live events will be delivered and recorded using Zoom. You can participate in these live events using any device: computer, tablet, or mobile. Please participate using the dial-in method you feel most comfortable with. You will receive the meeting login information from your trainers in two separate emails. First email will be sent two weeks prior to the event; the second to be sent the day before the bootcamp.
Conversations Worth Having (CWH) Bootcamps are Co-Sponsored by: