Event Date and Time:
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Time: 9:00-11:00am Pacific Time / 12:00-2:00pm Eastern Time
When the coronavirus pandemic up-ended Gateway Technical College’s plan to bring 250 faculty together on campus for a day-long Appreciative Inquiry, they decided to step into the unknown and create a large-scale virtual AI on Excellence in Teaching and Learning. The college and its long-time partner Inspired Engagement, a consulting firm based in Tucson, Arizona, collaborated to design, develop, and facilitate two highly engaging half-day sessions in a synchronous virtual environment using Zoom, Google Docs and Google Forms. Faculty left energized and excited about the visions they created for teaching and learning.
Join Scott Geddis and Dr. John Thibodeau in this 2-hour webinar as they share the processes and tools they used in conducting this very successful inquiry. Participants will receive sample copies of all the tools and forms used.
This webinar is designed to support participants who have some experience conducting an Appreciative Inquiry.
- Review the Appreciative Inquiry Process and activities, including paired interviews, storytelling, theme collection, theme affinity, communities of interest, SOAR, provocative propositions, strategic intentions and actions and the offering of personal gifts, commitments and requests;
- Understand how Zoom was utilized to include all 250 participants in the inquiry including the use of multiple Zoom rooms, multiple room hosts, Zoom breakout rooms, and pre-recorded activity instructions;
- Understand how Google Docs and Google Forms were utilized to both coordinate the flow of participants and collect significant amounts of data created by the participants during the inquiry;
- Review post-session feedback from the inquiry participants;
- Explore applications for your AI practice.
Method of Delivery:
These live events will be delivered and recorded using Zoom. You can participate in these live events using any device: computer, tablet, or mobile. Please participate using the dial-in method you feel most comfortable with. You will receive the meeting login information for this event in a confirmation email upon registration.
If you have any questions about this event or have difficulty connecting in Zoom, please contact Scott Geddis at firstname.lastname@example.org.