October 4, 2022
6am-8:30am PDT / 9am-11:30am EDT
October 6, 2022
6am-8:30am PDT / 9am-11:30am EDT
Please note: ALL virtual sessions will be recorded and saved for participants who are unable to attend a scheduled webinar. Links to the recordings will be provided so that participants can view/listen to the recording at a time that works best for them.
CONVERSATION BOOTCAMP OVERVIEW:
Conversations are at the heart of everything we do. They are key to effective communications, leadership, high performing teams, and strong relationships. We all know that they influence us, but we rarely stop to think about how much they affect our well-being and others as well as the health of our organizations and communities. Our conversations directly influence our present moment and possible futures. Are you engaging in Conversations Worth Having?
Communication. It remains the top issue for organizations, teams, and relationships. Almost everyone struggles with how to effectively communicate when they are frustrated or facing conflict. The effects of poor communication are costly. They show up in organizations as:
- Employee disengagement, malaise, and turnover;
- Dysfunctional teams;
- Poor performance;
- Inability to give and receive critical feedback; and
- Negative attitudes, cliques, and gossip: a culture of “me”.
If you’re dealing with any of these outcomes, the Conversations Worth Having Bootcamp will give you the skills and tools to turn them around. This program is grounded in Appreciative Inquiry, one of the most widely used positive change approaches. Two simple Appreciative Inquiry practices can turn your entire culture around, creating a culture of conversations worth having.
Following this workshop, you will have tools to establish communication practices that will support productivity, engagement, high performance teams, regular feedback, positivity, and a culture of “we.”
You will walk away prepared to:
- Keep your cool when you want to explode!
- Effectively challenge assumptions and preconceptions, including yours.
- Deal with conflict quickly and effectively.
- Fuel productive and meaningful engagement.
- Communicate successfully with people who hold negative attitudes or defensive positions.
- Give and receive critical feedback in ways that promote learning and high performance.
- Ask the kind of questions that deepen understanding, strengthen connections, and inspire possibility.
- Talk with colleagues in ways that invite them to collaborate on projects and strategic outcomes.
- Listen with genuine curiosity.
- Frame any conversation, even one around a highly complex problem, to inspire creative and innovative thinking and solutions.
MODULE 1: THE POWER OF CONVERSATIONS
PURPOSE: Understand the nature of our conversations, how they affect human being and doing, and enhance your ability to choose conversations worth having.
- Understand the neuroscience of conversation.
- Experiences the power of conversation.
- Practice priming the body-mindset for conversations worth having.
MODULE 2: ASK GENERATIVE QUESTIONS
PURPOSE: Understand the nature of our conversations, the basics of Appreciative Inquiry, and improve your ability to ask generative questions to foster effective communication.
- Experience the nature of our conversations and the effect on you and others.
- Recognize a generative question and how it influences possibility.
- Use generative questions to shift the dynamics of personal and workplace communication problems.
MODULE 3: CREATE A POSITIVE FRAME
PURPOSE: Intentionally foster effective communication using positive framing and continue to develop your ability to ask generative questions.
- Experience flipping negative conversations to conversations worth having.
- Use flipping to frame problems and issues.
- Develop generative questions to fuel productive and meaningful engagement around workplace challenges.
MODULE 4: FEEDBACK and FEEDFORWARD
PURPOSE: Develop a growth mindset and understand and apply the two AI practices to give and receive feedback and feedforward.
- Adopt a growth mindset to support openness and interest in regular feedback.
- Understand the difference between feedback and feedforward.
- Practice giving and receiving feedforward.
Method of Delivery:
These live events will be delivered and recorded using Zoom. You can participate in these live events using any device: computer, tablet, or mobile. Please participate using the dial-in method you feel most comfortable with. You will receive the meeting login information from your trainers in two separate emails. First email will be sent two weeks prior to the event; the second to be sent the day before the bootcamp.
Conversations Worth Having (CWH) Bootcamps are Co-Sponsored by: