We live and work in an environment in which change, and transformation are the norm, not the exception. The need to grow and flourish requires all human systems (large or small) to learn and adapt. As Appreciative Inquiry practitioners, we are guides who support individuals, groups, organizations, and communities to examine the possibilities and be the best that they can be. The Advanced Level Certification will take you on an experiential journey to enhance your practice by building upon your strengths.
To be of service to individuals, groups, organizations, and communities, consultants need to know and develop flexible processes that meet the desired outcomes of their clients. This course is for those who work to give human systems the internal capacity to embrace and profit from inevitable changes in the environment.
In this highly experiential workshop, participants will become immersed in the practice of facilitating clients in identifying what gives life to their human systems in ways that build agile, adaptive, and innovative organizations.
PART 1 of the course will focus on enhancing foundational Appreciative Inquiry skills which will result in greater breadth and depth of understanding.
PART 2 will advance application skills by including Subject Matter Experts and group discussion.
Together, participants will experience an advanced community of practice where they can identify their personal strengths as AI practitioners, enhance their contracting skills, and expand their capacity to design and lead AI initiatives that result in accelerated, sustainable change with measurable outcomes. Participants will be encouraged to share their experiences and participate in dialogues drawn from their actual experiences while in the field.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This advanced course has been developed to enhance the professional careers of individuals who have a grounding in Appreciative Inquiry; who are engaged in implementing AI initiatives in group, business, government, non-profit organizations, and communities; and who are ready to move to the next level.
Because of the advanced nature of this course, participants are expected to have already participated in the Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training © (AIFT) or a course equivalent to it and have experience applying using Appreciative Inquiry in their work.
As a fully engaged participant in the Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner Training (AIPT), you will leave the workshop better able to:
- Master the ability to build relationships and create an environment of trust, respect, and collaboration with the organizations you serve.
- Become familiar with the elements of organizational culture and learn how unleashing the power of culture can facilitate success.
- Deepen your understanding and application of foundational Appreciative Inquiry processes and principles.
- Build your understanding of a stakeholder engagement and enhance your ability to work with your clients to identify key organizational stakeholders.
- Effectively apply Appreciative Inquiry tools to facilitate organizational transformation and participative change.
- Develop your knowledge of organizational systems through systems thinking to assist your clients in reaching their goals.
- Enhance your effectiveness by applying the insight gained from professionally oriented instruments and discussions which impact consulting success.
PROGRAM ADMISSION PREREQUISITES:
To participate in this Advanced Practitioner Workshop it is required that each participant has:
- Successfully completed the Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (AIFT), in person or virtually, or equivalent course and received certification;
- Facilitated a minimum of four AI engagements; and
- Committed to attend the entire course (24 weeks). This includes 12 weeks of online learning sessions and 12 weeks of mentoring and community practice.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND HOURS:
The Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner Training (AIPT) is designed to be an advanced blended learning experience. This means that portions of the course will be delivered synchronously (in real-time through services like Zoom) and asynchronously (you read materials and participate in insight-oriented exercises at a time/pace/place that works best for you to be prepared to fully engage with trainers and colleagues in the class at the synchronous session).
The combination of synchronous and asynchronous work will equate to 33 training hours. This includes the required Orientation session. Participants will need to complete the program in its entirety to be eligible to earn the Appreciative Inquiry Advanced Practitioner Certification, including all synchronous sessions.
Please note that the synchronous portions of the AIPT are highly experiential and will not be recorded. The AIPT Trainers will be utilizing breakout rooms to develop the community and trust among the participants, paired interviews, and small group
To ensure that all participants are ready for this exciting transformational journey, your AIPT trainers will host a live Orientation via Zoom on March 22, 2022, at 9:00am Pacific Time. The Orientation begins our community of practice, allowing you to connect with the trainers and participants, engage in the course overview, reading and activities and familiarizing you with the learning management system (LMS).