- This event has passed.
Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (AIFT) – San Diego, California
September 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am - September 21, 2018 @ 5:00 pm PDT
WHAT IS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY?
Appreciative Inquiry is a collaborative, strengths-based approach to both personal and organizational development that is proving to be highly effective in thousands of organizations and communities in hundreds of countries around the world. It is a way of bringing about change that shares leadership and learning, fully engaging everyone in the organization.
WHAT IS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY FACILITATOR TRAINING© (AIFT)?
Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training© (AIFT) engages participants to learn about the foundations of Appreciative Inquiry as well as the skills to facilitate inquiry sessions. At the end of this intensive Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (AIFT), participants will understand how to guide organizations, groups, and communities to consciously and deliberately shift their collective way of being and seeing to an appreciative approach, that will help them focus on what’s right in their organization, group or community, rather than on what’s wrong.
This Appreciative Inquiry foundations course includes mini-lectures, and experiential learning (individual, pairs, trios, small group, and large group) as well as auditory and visual materials to enhance the learning experience. Each day has a morning and afternoon session; a morning and afternoon break; and one hour for lunch.
This training is designed for: Leaders in businesses and corporations, community development, educational organizations governmental organizations, and nonprofit organizations–in short, anyone who wants to learn how to facilitate Appreciative Inquiry.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This Appreciative Inquiry foundations course includes mini-lectures, and experiential learning (individual, pairs, trios, small group, and large group) as well as auditory and visual materials to enhance the learning experience. Each day has a morning and afternoon session; a morning and afternoon break; and one hour for lunch.**
Day One – Experiencing Appreciative Inquiry
Learn basic process and experience AI by participating in a facilitated Appreciative Inquiry led by the Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training Trainers
Day Two – Understanding the power of Appreciative Inquiry
Actively learn about the concepts, principles, theories and research.
Day Three – Planning
Plan and practice how you will begin helping your organization, group, or community build upon their strengths.
Day Four – Practicing
- Practice two exercises you can take home to use Appreciative Inquiry in your personal and professional life.
- Practice choosing the best language, words for facilitating Appreciative Inquiry within a particular culture.
- Begin developing your plan to become a certified Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator by completing a Practicum/Supervised Experience.
We start each day on time and work diligently to maintain the schedule, honoring the commitment to the learning experience. We have found full participation to be the most productive for the participants and the trainers. To obtain a letter of completion (and to be eligible for consideration for certification) each participant must complete 26 training hours. Days one through four begin at 8:30 a.m. for networking. The training sessions will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m. each day.
**If you have special dietary needs, please email Melissa Robaina.
WHAT MAKES OUR TRAININGS UNIQUE?
- We are relationship-focused. We believe the success of any human endeavor is dependent upon the relationships between those involved. We value each person and strive to develop a rapport, trust, and understanding with all of our clients by investing time and energy into understanding each client, their business, and their aspirations.
- Trainings are small and intimate. The size of each of our training varies based on the location of the event, but rarely exceed 24 participants. Our intimate training sessions allow for extensive interaction between our trainer(s) and participants – allowing each participant to receive more assistance with individual needs.
- Intensive and experiential. “We remember best what we experience. We understand best what we identify with. We learn best by doing.” We are aware of the importance of personal experience in the retention of learning. This is the underlying principle used in all of our workshops.
- Support. Our intimate training sessions create the perfect environment for networking, motivation, and support with other workshop participants. We encourage participants to continue to share their challenges and experiences with one another even after our trainings have concluded. Support from others can provide the strength needed to continue on the path of positive, sustainable change.
- Infused with Appreciative Inquiry. Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a collaborative, strengths-based approach to both personal and organizational development that is proving to be highly effective in thousands of organizations and communities around the world. It is a way of bringing about change that shares leadership and learning, fully engaging everyone in the process. AI empowers our participants to create the processes they wish to use in order to put belief into practice and acquire their goals.
- Mentoring included. To ensure the successful implementation of the skill sets taught during our trainings, our trainer(s) make themselves readily available to answer questions, share knowledge, and provide on-going support and encouragement long after the training has concluded.
- Certification. Many of our workshops include certification – at no additional cost to you. Certification demonstrates to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-respected best practices.
- Low cost. Evolving positively in today’s changing environment requires that we constantly improve and build upon our skill sets. By providing our workshops at a low cost, we hope to attract more individuals, groups, and organizations who are expected “to do more with less”. We now offer group rates that provide additional savings on top of our already reduced workshop prices.
- Expertise. Each of our trainers have a strong commitment to the theory and practice of their subject area — bringing a balance of education, consulting, and on-the-job experience to all of our trainings.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING INFORMATION
Outcomes – Certification
At the end of the four-day training and completion of a supervised practicum, participants will be eligible for certification to facilitate or co-facilitate Appreciative Inquiry sessions in a program, department, division, organization, group, or community on any topic that focuses on human systems change, i.e., “the way we do things.” Learn more about our AIFTs outcomes and certification requirements.
San Diego International Airport (SAN).
Marina Village Conference Center
1936 Quivira Way,
San Diego, California, USA 92109
Tel: (619) 222-1620
Nearby Lodging Options:
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina
1441 Quivira Road
San Diego, California, USA, 92109
Tel: (619) 224-1234
Dana Inn and Marina
1710 W Mission Bay Drive,
San Diego, California, USA 92109
Tel: (619) 222-6440
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
635 Hotel Circle South,
San Diego, California, USA 92108
Tel: (619) 993-7299
Please note that travel, accommodations and hotel/airport transportation are not included in your registration fee.
Refund Policy All fees are due upon registration. Your full participation is very important to us and we know that from time to time, your plans to attend one of our workshops or programs may change. Our refund policy reflects our interest in your continued growth and learning journey as well as our planning needs and expenses incurred based on your enrollment. For more information about our Refund Policy, please click here.
THIS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY FACILITATOR TRAINING (AIFT) IS SPONSORED BY: