- This event has passed.
Appreciative Inquiry Coaching Training (AICT) – San Diego, California
April 8 @ 8:00 am - April 12 @ 5:00 pm PDT
WHAT IS APPRECIATIVE COACHING?
Appreciative Coaching is a revelatory and generative conversation that enlivens, amplifies, and sustains the positive core – source of the energy and intelligence of life – of both client and coach. This relationship cultivates new possibilities, health and fulfillment, accelerating us to our highest and deepest good.
WHAT IS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY COACHING TRAINING© (AICT)?
This 5-day course will comprise a full Appreciative Inquiry into our collective experience of Appreciative Inquiry and Coaching. Together we will explore and experience each of the 5 D’s as it relates to one-on-one relationships for generative conversation. The practicum, which participants will submit for certification, will embody “Destiny” as you apply the lessons taught during this course.
The Appreciative Inquiry Coaching Training is not a problem-solving coaching approach, rather it looks at discovering and co-constructing the client’s positive core – what it is that connects them to life, energy, and possibility and allows them to thrive. Through the affirmative framework of AI, discover how to deepen and enhance both your personal sense of yourself as well as your skills for generative one-on-one conversations.
Individuals who participate in all 5 days of the AICT and complete & submit a practicum are eligible for certification as an Appreciative Coach. Practicums must be completed within one year of the AICT attended.
THIS TRAINING IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Individuals who understand and embody a strengths-based AI paradigm, who want to deepen their ability to relate one-on-one in bringing out the best in individuals (including themselves). It is therefore useful to leaders, managers, consultants, coaches, facilitators, educators, pastors/priests, etc;
- Experienced Appreciative Inquiry Facilitators who would like to practice and improve their one-on-one communication skills;
- Seasoned coaches who seek to strengthen their life-enriching ways of coaching.
Prerequisites for this advanced level training Include:
- Have successfully completed an Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training and submitted (or are in the process of submitting) your practicum; or
- Have attended an International Coaching Federation accredited course within the past 2 years or hold a commensurate professional coach training qualification. or
- Participated in an Appreciative Inquiry Foundations course (with a minimum of 26 classroom hours) and have submitted documentation of your experience while on your AI journey to a panel of AI practitioners from the Center for Appreciative Inquiry to review. Learn more about AICT Application Process here.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This Appreciative Inquiry coaching course is highly experiential – each participant pairs up with a coachee and a coach to practice and experience the skills demonstrated by the trainers. Each practice session ends with time for reflection and discussion. Your trainers will provide theoretical input (supported by audio-visual material) to enhance your experience.
DAY ONE – EXPERIENCING APPRECIATIVE COACHING
- Inquire into the essence of ‘Appreciative Coaching’ by learning from our own collective best experiences of when Appreciative Inquiry, and coaching, is at its best.
DAYS TWO to FIVE INCLUDE EXPERIENCING ALL THE D’s:
- DEFINING the Positive Topic: Devote ourselves to Defining the Topic as well as establishing a coaching agreement (or multi-level ‘contract’) with the client. We will also touch on coaching topics such as active listening and re-framing.
- DISCOVERY into the Topic: Learn to facilitate an evolving discovery of the client’s Positive Core and its implications for the future while maintaining the client’s focus on the ‘ideal future’.
- DREAMING a Preferred Future: Learn to create powerful metaphors and images of the client’s Positive Core
- DESIGNING a Provocative Proposition: Convert the client’s vision into a roadmap by constructing powerful provocative propositions that are bold, affirmative, and provoke action.
- DESTINY: Explore living into the preferred future through on-going discovery, dream and design.
To become certified by the Center for Appreciative Inquiry as an Appreciative Coach, you will participate in an Appreciative Inquiry Coaching Training © (AICT) and then complete a Supervised Practicum and Narrative Summary. The Supervised Practicum and Narrative Summary must be completed within one year of the AICT you attend. Your AICT Trainer(s) will be available by email and/or phone for free consultations throughout your Practicum.
We start each day on time and work diligently to maintain the schedule, honoring the commitment to the learning experience. We have found full participation to be the most productive for the participants and the trainers. To obtain a letter of completion (and to be eligible for consideration for certification) each participant must complete 30 training hours. Days one through five begin at 8:30 a.m. for networking. The training sessions will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m. each day. Each day has a morning and afternoon session; a morning and afternoon break; and lunch.**
**If you have special dietary needs, please email Melissa Robaina.
WHAT MAKES OUR TRAININGS UNIQUE?
- We are relationship-focused. We believe the success of any human endeavor is dependent upon the relationships between those involved. We value each person and strive to develop a rapport, trust, and understanding with all of our clients by investing time and energy into understanding each client, their business, and their aspirations.
- Trainings are small and intimate. The size of each of our training varies based on the location of the event, but rarely exceeds 24 participants. Our intimate training sessions allow for extensive interaction between our trainer(s) and participants – allowing each participant to receive assistance with individual needs.
- Intensive and experiential. “We remember best what we experience. We understand best what we identify with. We learn best by doing.” We are aware of the importance of personal experience in the retention of learning. This is the underlying principle used in all of our workshops.
- Support. Our intimate training sessions create the perfect environment for networking, motivation, and support with other workshop participants. We encourage participants to continue to share their challenges and experiences with one another even after our trainings have concluded. Support from others can provide the strength needed to continue on the path of positive, sustainable change.
- Infused with Appreciative Inquiry. Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a collaborative, strengths-based approach to both personal and organizational development that is proving to be highly effective in thousands of organizations and communities around the world. It is a way of bringing about change that shares leadership and learning, fully engaging everyone in the process. AI empowers our participants to create the processes they wish to use in order to put belief into practice and acquire their goals.
- Mentoring included. To ensure the successful implementation of the skill sets taught during our trainings, your trainer is available as a mentor to you during your practicum for up to one year at no extra cost. They will also be part of the panel that reviews your practicum once it has been submitted. It is standard practice for the panel to engage you in a conversation about your work once it has been submitted. Typically, they will respond with questions to deepen their and your mutual understanding of and learning about AI. The practicum review is therefore a dialogical and interactive process.
- Certification. Many of our workshops include certification – at no additional cost to you. Certification demonstrates to your customers, competitors, suppliers, staff and investors that you use industry-respected best practices.
- Cost Effective. Evolving positively in today’s changing environment requires that we constantly improve and build upon our skill sets. By providing our workshops at a low cost, we hope to attract more individuals, groups, and organizations that are expected “to do more with less”. We now offer group rates that provide additional savings on top of our already reduced workshop prices.
- Expertise. Each of our trainers has a strong commitment to the theory and practice of their subject area — bringing a balance of education, consulting, and on-the-job experience to all of our trainings.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING INFORMATION
Outcomes – Certification
At the end of the five-day training and completion of a supervised practicum, participants will be eligible to receive a certificate as an Appreciative Inquiry Coach.
Marina Village Conference Center
1936 Quivira Way,
San Diego, California, USA 92109
Tel: (619) 222-1620
Nearby Lodging Options:
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina
1441 Quivira Road
San Diego, California, USA, 92109
Tel: (619) 224-1234
Dana Inn and Marina
1710 W Mission Bay Drive,
San Diego, California, USA 92109
Tel: (619) 222-6440
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
635 Hotel Circle South,
San Diego, California, USA 92108
Tel: (619) 993-7299
Please note that travel, accommodations and hotel/airport transportation are not included in your registration fee. We advise that you do not make any nonrefundable travel arrangements until the training is confirmed.
Refund Policy All fees are due upon registration. Your full participation is very important to us and we know that from time to time, your plans to attend one of our workshops or programs may change. Our refund policy reflects our interest in your continued growth and learning journey as well as our planning needs and expenses incurred based on your enrollment. For more information about our Refund Policy, please click here.
THIS APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY COACHING TRAINING (AICT) IS SPONSORED BY: