About Dr Bruce A
Dr. J has been working in the field of higher education and distance learning since 2005, with roles that have included Chief Academic Officer, online instructor, college instructor, and online faculty development specialist. Dr. J has also acquired significant experience with instructional design and curriculum development, having developed hundreds of online courses for bachelors, masters, and doctorate programs.
Dr. J has also published 180 online articles related to adult education, higher education, distance learning, online teaching, and career development. Prior to working in the field of higher education, Dr. J worked in a corporate environment as a manager of a training and development team.
Dr. J’s education and experience includes:
- Advanced Education:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Ph.D., with a specialization in Postsecondary and Adult Education
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Performance Improvement
- Master of Science in Education, with a specialization in Adult Education
- Faculty Development Specialist:
- Trained and mentored new faculty
- Faculty Workshop Facilitator
- Faculty Developmental Workshop Facilitator
- Faculty Peer Reviewer
- Academic Leader:
- Held a position as Chief Academic Officer and Dean for Aston International University.
- Academic Educator:
- 10+ years of online teaching experience, undergraduate and graduate classes, with a record of outstanding end-of-course evaluations.
- Curriculum Development Experience:
- Extensive experience developing courses and curriculum for graduate and undergraduate programs, along with instructor-led training courses as an instructional designer.
- Scholarly Contributions:
- Published Journal Article: Transformation of Online Teaching Practices through Implementation of Appreciative Inquiry. The Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks (JALN), Vol. 18, No 3 (2014), October 2014, ISSN 1939-5256
- Conference Presentation: Transformation of Online Teaching Practices through Implementation of Appreciative Inquiry: 21ST Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference, October 14, 2015
- Published Author: Transform Online Teaching: Expert Strategies and Essential Resources Every Educator Needs (CreateSpace, 2016)
- Published Author: Getting Down to Business: A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty Who Teach Business (Part-Time Press, 2015)
- Published Author: Appreciative Andragogy: Taking the Distance Out of Distance Learning (CreateSpace, 2013)
- Authored 180 online articles related to adult education, distance learning, online teaching, and career development.
- Served on Leadership Committees:
- Accreditation Review and Readiness, Student Success, and Academic Preparedness
- LMS Experience:
- Worked with online classroom platforms that include WebCT, eCollege, Canvas, Sakai, Moodle, Educator, Desire2Learn, and Blackboard.
- Corporate Training:
- 10+ years of experience that includes work as a Manager of Training and Development, with expertise in organizational development, human resources management, communication, teambuilding, improving operational efficiency, and customer relations.
Transformation of Online Teaching Practices through Implementation of Appreciative Inquiry
Dr.J’s scholarly journal article.