Generate positive changes in performance, professional development, and organizational leadership
About the Program
Appreciative Inquiry Coaching is deeply rooted in Appreciative Inquiry and nourishes that which gives us life and inspires us to advance toward what we want and in the direction of the questions we ask ourselves. Appreciative coaching focuses on what has and is working in your professional and personal lives and is designed to capitalize on an individual, group, or organization’s strengths.
Appreciative coaching takes the best and helps make it better by expanding people’s capacity to perform and by channeling their abilities for the greatest impact. This approach to coaching will take the client from good to great because it fosters personal transformation through innate talent and inherent strength, increasing the likelihood of producing longer lasting results quickly.
What is Appreciative Inquiry Coach Training (AICT)©?
The Appreciative Inquiry Coach Training is not a problem-solving coaching approach, rather it looks at discovering and co-constructing the client’s positive core – what it is that connects them to life, energy, and possibility and allows them to thrive. Through the affirmative framework of Appreciative Inquiry, discover how to deepen and enhance both your personal sense of yourself as well as your skills for generative one-on-one conversations.
This Training is Designed For:
- Individuals who understand and embody a strengths-based AI paradigm, who want to deepen their ability to relate one-on-one in bringing out the best in individuals (including themselves). It is therefore useful to leaders, managers, consultants, coaches, facilitators, educators, pastors/priests, etc;
- Individuals who desire to enhance their systems thinking in order to engage individuals in a holistic and integrated way;
- Experienced Appreciative Inquiry Facilitators who would like to strengthen and practice their individual communication skills;
- Seasoned coaches who seek to strengthen their life-enriching ways of coaching.
Training Schedule and Hours
The Appreciative Inquiry Coach Training (AICT) is an advanced course with 33 hours of blended learning experience.
The course will be delivered synchronously and asynchronously. The combination of synchronous (in real-time through video-conferencing via Zoom) and asynchronous work (coaching practice sessions outside of class time and where you read or view materials and participate in insight-oriented exercises and reflection at a time/pace/place that works best for you to be fully prepared to engage with trainers and colleagues in the class at the synchronous session).
Observation of your coaching, feedback and mentoring are an important component of this program. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Coaching Clinic and one 1:1 Mentoring sessions will be provided to each participant by one of the AICT Trainers.
Completing the program in its entirety, including acceptance of your practicum report, is required to be eligible to earn the Appreciative Inquiry Coach Certification.
Please note that the synchronous portions of the AICT are highly experiential and will not be recorded. The AICT Trainers will be utilizing breakout rooms to develop the community and trust among the participants, paired coaching practice, and small group discussions and reflections.
To earn certification, the following are required:
- Successfully complete the online coursework, attend all live sessions and participate in the Community Practice sessions.
- Participate in mentoring sessions.
- Complete and submit the practicum which is suitable for publication. This final report must demonstrate your understanding and practice of Appreciative coaching in a one-on-one client engagement.
- Complete the evaluation.
Prerequisites for this Advanced Level Training Include:
- Successful completion of an Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training; or
- Participation in an Appreciative Inquiry Foundations course (with a minimum of 26 classroom hours); or
- Completion in an International Coaching Federation accredited course within the past 2 years or hold a commensurate professional coach training qualification. Highly recommended: Training and practice in Appreciative Inquiry Principles and 5D Model.
Find the Next AICT(c) Training Course
If you’d like to register for this course, we invite you to view our calendar for upcoming trainings.